Imagine my excitement when I found this mascara...being the mascara addict that I am...I was simply overjoyed at the prospects of what this sleek black wand had to offer.
Here's what the company claims:
Guerlain Le 2 Volumizing Mascara
"An innovative, two-brush mascara that contains polymers instead of traditional waxes for a dramatic, intense result."
What it does:
"Outrageous volume, dramatic curl! Le 2 de Guerlain Volumizing Mascara, the most innovative two-brush mascara on the market, has two polymers that replace traditional waxes for a dramatic, intense result. The first polymer has spherical balls which wrap lashes for amazing volume and the second polymer allows for maximum coverage without smudging or clumping. In addition, the exclusive main brush has hollow fibers for a multi-dimensional volume effect and the second foam-tipped wand acts as a "Lash Gloss", coating lashes in rich color and creating captivatingly curled lashes."
Here's a view of the two different brushes at either end:
Cost: $36 USD
Application method (according to box directions):
Step 1: Use this brush for generous volume and extravagant curve
Step 2: Use this brush for a vinyl effect lacquer to fix and intensify
My thoughts: I have used this mascara for one solid week each day. To say that I am utterly disappointed would be a huge understatement. This mascara delivers lackluster results on my lashes. Curl? Outrageous volume? No way, not here!
Having tried numerous methods to apply it (i.e. juxtaposing steps 1 and 2, using a lash primer-not using a lash primer, curling my lashes first-not curling my lashes first, etc, etc), none of them delivered results that justified the $36 price tag.
- Delivers great length to my lashes. Ironically, this product was designed for volume.
- Smell- Not as glamorous to me as YSL's rose fragrance that emanates from the tube, this mascara does deliver a soft smell (reminiscent of baby powder). I realize this may not be a pro for some.
- Did not smudge or flake at all during wear.
- Easy to remove at night.
- The price! At $36, I believed my lashes were going to look about as good as it gets (I imagined my fluttery, come-hither doll lashes were going to bring my husband to his knees...NOT!)
- My lashes looked clumpy each time I used it.
- Non-existent volume.
- Brush #2 is a complete farce (no vinyl effect, no intensity- it seems to do nothing and is really more of a marketing gimmick).
- Overall results. For comparison, I am including a photo of my lashes using L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black (with Shiseido Nourishing Lash Base underneath- for a complete review of these two together, read HERE) and the Guerlain Le 2 Volumizing (with Shiseido Nourishing Lash Base underneath).
|Using L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black|
|Using Guerlain Le 2 Volumizing Mascara|
The proof is in the photos, my $4.99 L'Oreal Mascara outperformed my $36 Guerlain mascara by a mile (and then some).
I know mascara is such a personal thing, but I certainly don't recommend this one at all.
Have you tried this mascara? If so, I would love to know your thoughts.