"Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way…!" Lady Gaga


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sephora Haul (Pic heavy)


Amidst the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I somehow managed to find a smidgen of time to head to Sephora.  After all, was I simply to waste my $15 off Sephora "Beauty Insider" coupon?  Of course not!  I told my husband that would be like throwing money right out the window! (wink, wink)

Now, on to the goodies:
First up, I purchased the Oscar Blandi "Pronto Invisible" Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray.  I have a number of other dry shampoos, but what attracted me to this one was the fact that it sprays clear and does not leave a white residue.  I used it quickly today and I loved the fact that it didn't look like I poured baby powder in my roots.  The smell was also tolerable to me, not too musky.  I picked up the smaller can to test the product.  Price point:  $11.


Next up is the bareMinerals Buxom lips Diamond "Celeste". I always love voluminous lips and I love shimmer so the combination seemed perfect for me.  The packaging says its infused with antioxidants vitamins A and E.  I picked a shade I thought would go with a variety of lipsticks, although I did like it alone too.  "Celeste" is a peach, pink tone with lots of micro-shimmer.  Price point:  $18.


After reading countless reviews and seeing endless Youtube videos, I decided to get  Korres Lip Butter in "Jasmine."  The balm appartently melts into the lips and leaves a soft, tinted finish.  Shea butter and rice wax are the hydration agents.  "Jasmine" is a sheer baby pink color.  I used it today and did like the feel of it.  Only time will tell if it leaves my lips soft and supple.  Price point:  $10.



Always on the hunt for eyebrow products since I have unruly brows, I picked up Anastasia's Perfect Brow Pencil in Brunette.  I recently ran out of my MAC Lingering brow crayon so I thought I would try something new and hopefully better (what frustrates me about the MAC is that you can't tell how much product remains and I seem to run out at the most inopportune moments).  So far, the color is nicely pigmented and it glides on easily and lasts all day.  Overall, I am happy thus far.  Price point:  $22.


I was in need of finding a great soft brush to use with my Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation.  Alas, I came across the Sephora Collection Professional Mineral Powder Brush #45.  I am in love!  The brush is super soft and fits perfectly in the crevices of my face to apply the mineral powder.  The handle is nice and sturdy too.  Price point:  $26.


I cashed in 100 beauty insider points to get a deluxe sample size of Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish Powder.  Currently, as stated above, I am using and loving Laura Mercier's Mineral Foundation, so I don't think I will be using this for a bit of time as I don't want to layer powder over powder.


Finally, I purchased "Boo Boo Bling."  Let me be perfectly honest here, I wholeheartedly did intend to give this to my neighbor's darling 7 year old daughter; HOWEVER, I think I will keep these sparkly bandage covers for myself as I am a MAJOR KLUTZ. ;)  Price point:  $6.

Has anyone tried any of the products mentioned above?  I would love to hear your feedback!
XO
Jolene

17 comments:

  1. I have to have Oscar Blandi dry shampoo, always. My long hair gets icky throughout the day, and dry shampoo is a quick fix if you need to go out again and need a little bit of freshening. This product smells good and really does make hair feel and look better after a few sprays. Just make sure to brush your hair a few minutes after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matilda! You know, I didn't brush it through, I will most certainly do that next time.

    X
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh i got some too but i have yet to do a blog about them :) enjoy your goodies!! WAIT dont use them till christmas LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Let me know how that Anastasia's perfect Brow Pencil works:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo boo bling?! Amazing! I need some. Hehe. I didn't throw my beauty insider money away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul!! I can't tell you how many times i've picked up those little boo boo bling packages and considered buying them haha
    That Korres lip butter is my favourite thing! It's the only lip product that doesn't dry out my lips (oddly enough, a lot of drugstore lip balms do)
    did you take these pictures in your makeup room? if so, how exciting!
    xox
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rinz- I can't wait!!!! LOL.

    JLUVBIRDEE-It's good- left a comment on your blog <3

    Molly-Yes, I got me some boo boo bling- LOL!

    Elise- Yes, makeup room pics!! I share the room with my hubby's at home-office- but it is still my own little slice of heavan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brush looks so soft; I love Sephora brushes, they're great quality!!

    Val

    vals-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a nice haul! I have been dying to try MUFE HD powder. Let me know how do you get on! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been able to get that dry shampoo stuff to work for me - think I bought that same bottle you did, but hated and returned it. I just don't know how to use it properly I guess :/

    The HD powder is great!! It's the same stuff many companies sell, and it wholesales for $3 an oz, it's just silica powder that melts into your face and reduces the appearance of fine lines and blemishes, leaving you matte all day. I tested it by applying it before bed - and I woke up non-shiny the next day :D

    It's fine to use over powder foundation, I do almost every day - just a TINY bit goes a long way! I also use it under my face primer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ive been eyeing Anastasia for so long but i am happy with my Lorac LOL.. I just bought CHI for my hair product and now i want Oscar Blandi ha ha ha :)

    enjoy your goodies. I will post mine tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. please do a swatch on Anastasia i forgot to put that in my previous post! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the packaging on the buxom lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where are you? I just wanna wish you a berry Happy New Year and I hope 2011will bring u much success and happiness! Xoxo rinz

    ReplyDelete
  15. While I may not know how to apply most of this makeup, I certainly would love to win it! Happy New Year. And here is a link to my current giveaway: http://www.scrink.com/2010/12/28/supergirl-by-nastia-exclusively-at-jcpenney-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  16. BE Buxom Glosses are all amazing! I really like "Claire" (sp), "Amber", and "Katie". (Figures that I like "Katie", huh? LOL!)

    Celeste is on my wish list!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete