"Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way…!" Lady Gaga


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

YSL Singulier & Maybelline The Falsies = WOW Lashes!

My favorite 5 words this week have been:  "Are you wearing false eyelashes?"  Well, no I'm not; however, I am THRILLED that you asked!!  So far, 3 people have asked me that in the last few days.  GLEE!  JOY!  LOVE!  My natural lashes are so non-existent, that for someone to mention my lashes is superlative!

I simply love to play around with mascara combos:  high-end, low-end, volumizing, lengthening, thickening- I try them all.  As a matter of fact, my first blog post was about mascara (read it here).  I covet bigger than life lashes.  It's a never ending journey to find THE ONE.

Here's my new favorite lash combo that garnered the false eyelash inquisitions:  YSL Singulier mascara paired with Maybelline The Falsies on top.  I think it has given me an almost perfect marriage of volume (thanks to the YSL) and length (thanks to the Maybelline).  The Singulier goes on a bit dry, but it is an outstanding base.  In contrast, The Falsies glides on wet and really adds to the overall effect.  Interestingly enough, I don't love either mascara on its own.  However, paired together, this lovely union of high-end mascara and low-end mascara really packs a punch!

I would love to hear some of your favorite mascara combos!

3 comments:

  1. whoa!! Nice!! I have YSL, i need another one to make it more ommmph LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite combo is actually a lash primer and mascara. I love using Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion and Loreal Voluminous in Carbon Black. You can keep layering and layering without it becoming clumpy or spidery.

    jluvbirdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH- I will will have to try that combo- I love voluminous in carbon black but I haven't yet tried UD eyelash primer potion. :)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete